Cheapest Electricity Rates NSW
Looking for Cheap Electricity Rates in NSW?
Comparing electricity rates can be a relatively time-consuming process, but it is well worth your time. By comparing electricity providers, you can potentially save money on your energy bills by finding a better deal.
There are plenty of affordable energy companies in New South Wales to choose from. By switching to one of these energy retailers, you’ll not only benefit from more savings but there are a variety of features and perks that energy providers offer that may entice you. Remember, you can choose who you want to sign up with, so it’s important to explore your options in order to find a retailer that fits your budget and personal preferences.
Or, you can call Electricity Monster, and we'll compare energy plans for you. We'll help you find the best deal we have within our network of partnered electricity providers. We handle the entire process for you – from the paperwork to the actual switch. If you’re tired of high energy bills, give us a call, and we’ll help you find the sharpest rates we have.
Cheap Electricity Plans in New South Wales
In the table below, we've listed some of the best plans offered by electricity providers in New South Wales.
|% Below DMO*
Simply Seniors (Simply Members)
Residential Market Offer
Red EV Saver
*New South Wales electricity rates are based on usage of 3911kWh/year for a residential customer on a single rate tariff in the Ausgrid network, the DMO reference price is: $1,827 / year. Click here for more information.
How Can I Get Cheap Electricity Rates In New South Wales?
If you're looking for cheap energy plans, you’ll want to shop around and see your options. There is no shortage of options when it comes to retailers, with popular brands like Origin Energy and Energy Australia currently offering competitive deals. Don’t forget about the smaller retailers as you can find some extremely cost-effective plan offers and benefits you might not find with the energy retailers.
The comparison shopping process can be stressful if you don’t have the time or haven’t switched in years. The good news is that there is a solution.
At Electricity Monster, we’ll help you find the best deal available within our network of partnered electricity and gas providers. We can even help you get connected so you don’t have to spend hours figuring it out yourself. Best of all, comparing cheaper electricity prices with us won’t cost you a thing. Our service is 100% free to use.
How many electricity providers are there in NSW?
Below is a list of all of the electricity providers in New South Wales. If you’re moving home and need a connection or just want to compare electricity and gas plans in New South Wales, give us a call today.
Finding a better energy deal has become a priority for many households. With potential savings that could be in the hundreds, New South Wales residents are constantly shopping around for a better deal.
The good news is that comparison shopping has become accessible for most Aussies. However, the process can be confusing and time-consuming, especially if you haven’t switched in years. With the market changing regularly, electricity rates, discounts, and benefits can go up or down at any time. This makes the shopping experience that much more difficult, especially when you’re looking for the cheapest electricity rate in NSW.
If you’re in the market for a new plan or just want a better deal, call Electricity Monster. Our team of energy experts will find you the best deal we have available within our network of partnered energy retailers. We can even help you get your electricity connected fast. Our service is 100% free to use, so call us today and see how much you can save.
With the energy market constantly evolving, energy rates will fluctuate up and down often. If you’re in the market for a new energy plan, try to base your decision on your needs and budget. This way, you’ll get exactly what you’re looking for without passing on any features or perks that might benefit you.
Remember, the cheapest electricity rate in Sydney doesn’t automatically mean you’re getting the best value for your money. There are plenty of inclusive benefits that can potentially save you money in the long run. When you’re sorting through cheap electricity providers in Sydney, consider the discounts offered as they can make a big difference in how much you pay. This is applicable for all cities in New South Wales as well. Whether you’re looking for a cheap electricity plan in Newcastle or an affordable energy plan in Wollongong, you’ll want to make an informed decision.
Once you’ve signed up with a new energy provider in NSW, you will have a cooling-off period typically lasting ten business days. This allows you to cancel the agreement without being charged any penalties or fees.
This period will vary based on the retailer but is usually after you have received your welcome pack from the retailer. If you decide to cancel, simply call your new electricity provider within the cooling-off period and request a cancellation.
Loyalty in the energy market doesn’t always equate to more savings. If your power bill is unexpectedly high or has been higher than you think, you need to consider switching to save money.
One reason why your energy bill might be so high doesn’t involve how much energy you use. Instead, it has more to do with your benefit period. After signing up for an energy plan, you’ll likely see all the generous discounts applied to your bill. However, after a period of time, these discounts will expire and your rates could go up substantially. Once your benefit period has ended, you should consider switching to another energy plan or provider.
If you have questions about your current electricity plan and want to see if you can get a better deal, we recommend calling our energy experts at Electricity Monster today. We’ll help you get connected and handle the process from start to finish. Our services is 100% free to use.
If you're in the market for a new energy provider, you'll want to find the best deal available. However, the process can be confusing if you haven't switched in a long time. Here are some important energy price features that you should look out for:
- Discounts that can be applied to your energy plan
- Fixed charges
- Billing Cycle
- Payment Method
- Controlled load tariff
- Exit fees (if applicable)
- Length of contract
- Bundle discounts (for electricity and gas)
- Renewable energy sources
- Added fees
- Solar feed-in tariffs
Switching to a new electricity provider can take as little as two business days. This allows you to immediately benefit from your new rate and applicable discounts. You’ll pay your last energy bill from your previous provider and then be moved to your new rate as soon as you’re connected.
If you’re looking for a cheap electricity rate in NSW, it’s recommended that you start by comparing the market. New South Wales is home to a number of competitive electricity plans that might be better than what you’re currently on.
With various sign-up bonuses, discounts, features, and perks available, there are numerous ways to save. The problem with comparison shopping, however, is the amount of time and effort it takes to choose an electricity provider that fits your preferences. The end goal is saving money, but how can you save money if you aren’t sure what plan actually gives you the most value?
This is where Electricity Monster can help. Our team of energy experts will not only do the comparison shopping for you, but we’ll get you a fair deal on an energy plan that suits your budget. We can even help you get connected fast. To learn more, give us a call today.
Every electricity provider offers its own set of unique plans that are filled with discounts, benefits, and other incentives. It’s difficult to conclude who is “the cheapest” as each brand has its pros and cons. This is where shopping around can help narrow down your search. By comparing the market and exploring what each energy provider has to offer, you can single out a brand that suits you the best.
Looking to compare electricity retailers but don’t want to go through the hassle of calling around? Phone us now, and we’ll compare energy retailers within our network to help you find a fair rate for a rate deal. Our comprehensive service is 100% free and easy to use.
Depending on where you live, it is wise to compare rates between each energy provider so you end up with a plan that best fits your personal or professional needs.
For example, if you’re a solar owner living in Brisbane, you’ll want to get a sharp rate on your energy plan and a high solar feed-in tariff. Or, if you’re big on discounts or incentives, the best electricity plan could be one that offers an upfront discount, energy rebates or even features that you can access when you become a customer.
If you want to compare your options, give us a call at Electricity Monster today. Our 100% free service helps compare retailers within our network to find you the best rate we have available. Isn’t it time you stopped overpaying for electricity and gas? Phone us now to learn more.
All states and territories in Australia have made smart meters the default meters, which means if you are replacing an old meter or are upgrading, the installer will default to a smart meter.
If you’re on a non-smart meter and want to upgrade, you can ask your current energy provider for one. Electricity Monster can also help with this process as well.
Most energy providers can install a smart meter on your property. But, if this isn’t possible, you’ll want to either check with other electricity and gas suppliers in your area or call Electricity Monster. In this case, you may need to switch your home energy plan to a retailer that can install a smart meter.
A fixed charge is the cost of supplying electricity to your home or business. A fixed charge is not based on how much energy you use.
A variable charge is the total you pay for each unit of electricity and gas you use. You'll typically find this listed on your bill as cents per kilowatt hour (c/kWh) for electricity.
One of the issues with seeing high power bills is figuring out where you can cut costs to save money. While you can try to lower your energy consumption or even switch to solar, if you don’t switch to a good electricity rate, you could still be overpaying.
For example, if you signed up with a big retailer a few years ago, you might have been offered a generous sign-up bonus. Once this discount is applied, it will last for a period of time before expiring. Many Aussies don’t realise their benefit period has ended, which can result in higher power bills and more money out of their pocket.
One way you can potentially lower your energy bill is to switch to a cheaper electricity rate. This can be done by comparing the market and shopping around for a better deal.
Other Reads You Might Like
The Best and Cheapest Electricity Deals Victoria has on offer (and how you can get them!)
Best Electricity Deals Queensland (Cheapest Providers)
This publication reviews plans in NSW as of 01/02/2024.
Important Points to note are:
- The plans displayed have been taken from the energy fact sheets published on the retailer's website. We do not guarantee that this information is correct or that it applies to every household in Australia.
- Comparisons have been made on the peak rates in single rate plans from retailers, plus their daily electricity supply charges.
- The Citipower network has been used to compare electricity plans, and the Australian Gas network has been used to compare gas plans in Victoria.
- The Ausgrid network has been used to compare electricity plans, and the Jemena gas network has been used to compare gas plans in NSW.
- The SA Power Networks network has been used to compare electricity plans, and the Australian Gas network has been used to compare gas plans in Victoria.
- The Energex network has been used to compare electricity plans, and the Australian Gas network has been used to compare gas plans in QLD.
- The Evoenergy network has been used to compare electricity plans, and the Jemena gas network has been used to compare gas plans in the ACT.
- The ACTO network has been used to compare gas plans in WA.
- The reference price/VDO/GAS comparison will differ based on tariff type and location (distribution area). Your actual energy bill may be significantly different from these estimates if your usage differs from the average amounts used in this calculation.
- The information in this blog cannot substitute for legal advice. No financial decisions should be made based on information from this blog.
- All dollar figures include GST.
- The plans displayed may be different than those advertised.
- The plans offered on this page may not be available in our call center.
- 'Get Best Offer’ is indicative of the best offer available in our database from our partners
- ‘Get More Info’ does not mean we will sign you up for the plan listed. Electricity Monster will provide offers in our database. We do not claim to be affiliated with the retailer.
- When you click 'Sign Up Now' you agree to be contacted by our energy experts. Plans with said button are affiliated with our partnered retailers only.
- Electricity plans are now compared to a regulated price called the Victorian Default Offer (VDO). This makes it easier to compare energy plans across the market. The VDO comparison and annual estimate is calculated based on an average usage customer.
- When calculating our rates we include in the price/year estimate the GST (unless otherwise stated), any advertised non-conditional discounts (e.g. guaranteed discount), and any one-off credits.
- What's not included in the price/year estimate are conditional discounts, green energy charges, any concessions or rebates which may apply to you, solar feed-in tariff credits that your solar system could generate.
- The VDO comparison will differ based on tariff type and location (distribution area). Your actual energy bill may be significantly different to these estimates if your usage differs from the average amounts used in this calculation.