Momentum Energy Review - Need a New Connection?
Talk To An Energy Expert Now
- No Lock-in Contracts
- Zero Exit Fees
- GreenPower Options
We do not compare all energy providers and have commercial arrangements with our partners. 3 minute pick up guarantee explained: If we don’t answer our connection hotline in 3 mins or less. We will give you an extra $25 store voucher only when you sign up for a utility plan with our service. Electricity Monster is a 100% free service for consumers; Origin Energy is a Premium Partner of Electricity Monster. Same-day connections are not available in all areas or for all properties; see our full terms and conditions for more info. Full terms here.
Momentum Energy Review
Are you getting slammed with high electricity bills? Do you want to find a better deal without the hassle of calling numerous energy providers? We understand your frustration and we want to help.
At Electricity Monster, we offer a comprehensive, free service that compares rates with our premium partners to find you a fair deal for a fair price. It’s also important to remember when it comes to your power connection, you can freely choose which energy provider you want to go with. But with so many different options available, you could be missing out on potential savings, discounts and special offers. Give us a call instead and let us work with you to find the right fit for your lifestyle and budget.
If you’re in the market for a new plan, Momentum Energy may be a cost efficient solution for your electricity and gas needs. Wholly owned and operated by their parent company Hydro Tasmania, Momentum Energy retails electricity and gas to numerous regions in Australia. Read below to learn more.
Momentum Energy Plans VIC
Below, you'll find the latest plans offered by Momentum Energy in VIC.
|Plan Name||% Below VDO*||Price/year (Est.)|
*Victoria electricity rates are based on usage of 4000kWh/year for a residential customer on a single rate tariff in the Citipower network, the VDO reference price is: $1,571 / year. Click here for more information.
Momentum Energy Plans NSW
Below, you'll find the latest plans offered by Momentum Energy in NSW.
|Plan Name||% Below DMO*||Price/year (Est.)|
*New South Wales electricity rates are based on usage of 3911kWh/year for a residential customer on a single rate tariff in the Ausgrid network, the DMO reference price is: $1,827 / year. Click here for more information.
Momentum Energy Plans SA
Below, you'll find the latest plans offered by Momentum Energy in SA.
|Plan Name||% Below DMO*||Price/year (Est.)|
*South Australia electricity rates are based on usage of 4011kWh/year for a residential customer on a single rate tariff in the SA Power Networks, the DMO reference price is: $2,279/ year. Click here for more information.
Momentum Energy Plans QLD
Below, you'll find the latest plans offered by Momentum Energy in QLD.
|Plan Name||% Below DMO*||Price/year (Est.)|
*Queensland electricity rates are based on usage of 4613kWh/year for a residential customer on a single rate tariff in the Energex network, the DMO reference price is: $1,969/ year. Click here for more information.
Momentum Energy Electricity Plans
Momentum Energy offers a variety of unique electricity plans for residential customers. Instead of subjecting customers to complicated discount rates, Momentum opted for a more simplistic plan structure. Below you’ll find some of their current offers:
- Nothing Fancy – This plan has fewer features than Momentum Energy's other plans which, according to Momentum, reduces service costs. Customers must pay by direct debit and bills and correspondence will be via email.
- Suit Yourself – This variable rate plan includes no conditional discounts but comes standard with 10% GreenPower.
Momentum Energy Gas Plans
Momentum Energy currently retails natural gas in Victoria (VIC). Similar to their energy plans, customers could be eligible for an open contract with zero exit fees.
At Electricity Monster, we understand how time-consuming it can be to shop for gas and energy. We can help eliminate the stress and work to find you a fair deal. Ready to learn more? Give us a call now.
Does Momentum Energy Offer a Solar Plan?
As part of their efforts to support renewable energy, Momentum offers a solar energy plan to customers, known as the Solar Step-Up plan. According to Momentum Energy, the eligibility requirements for this solar plan are as follows:
- You’re in a home or small to medium business,
- You reside in VIC, NSW, SA or QLD,
- Your generating capacity is 10kW or less, and
- Your solar scheme is up-to-date.
Momentum Energy Solar Feed-In Tariffs
Momentum Energy offers competitively-priced solar feed-in tariffs (FiT) for solar customers. In this table, you will find a breakdown of the current solar feed-in tariff rates that Momentum Energy offers in Victoria, New South Wales, South Australia, and Queensland.
|State||Minimum FIT (c/kWh)||Maximum FIT (c/kWh)|
How Green is Momentum Energy?
Momentum Energy, alongside other Australian energy retailers, participated in a study held by Alviss Consulting to showcase how progressive their efforts are in regards to renewable energy and green electricity. The report, “Alviss Consulting, 2018 Green Electricity Guide Methodology” assigned scores to each retailer based on 7 different criteria. Here’s how Momentum Energy fared.
In terms of overall performance, Momentum Energy scored a 6.8 out of 10, landing them in the upper-tier of all retailers.
With emissions intensity close to zero and a strong stance against fossil fuel investment, they’ve also shown immense support for a renewable future.
On the other hand, Momentum Energy’s lack of support for local energy trading and community energy projects still remains a focal point for improvement.
|Energy Efficiency & Demand Response/Management||5/10|
Momentum Energy Service Area
If you’re wondering whether Momentum Energy services your area, we’ve got you covered. The table below showcases each state that Momentum Energy offers electricity and gas plans to.
Momentum Energy Business Plans
Momentum Energy retails electricity and gas plans for both small to medium businesses as well as larger enterprises. With distinctive plans such as the Self Serve and Bill Boss, business owners can choose exactly what they need.
Business electricity plans and rates may vary based on region. If you are looking for assistance on choosing a business energy plan that is right for you, call our expert energy specialists at 1300 232 848 today.
Billing and Payment
Momentum Energy has flexible payment methods for you to choose from. Here are some of the options currently available:
- Direct Debit
- Credit Card
Online payments can be done through Momentum Energy’s online portal, MyAccount. For more information, please contact the energy retailer directly.
Momentum Energy offers financial assistance for eligible residential and business customers who are struggling to pay their gas and energy bills. Some of these options include, but are not limited to:
- Instalment payment plan
- Payment for energy use in advance
- Payment date extension
- Repayment of arrears over a period of time
Momentum Energy recommends that you call their customer service line to discuss your financial situation.
Momentum Energy Online Resources
MyAccount, Momentum Energy’s online portal, allows customers to manage everything related to their electricity and gas account. Located on their website, customers can perform tasks such as:
- Pay your bill
- Track your electricity consumption
- View your payment history
- View and Update your email address, phone number, and more
- Register for Direct Debit
- Request a payment extension
How to Contact Momentum Energy
For billing and general enquiries, Momentum Energy offers a number of contact options for your convenience.
Momentum’s phone support is available Monday through Friday from 8am to 6pm (AEST)
Their online portal, MyAccount can handle questions regarding any billing or payment.
Momentum Energy also offers a live chat option for customers looking for answers to general questions.
Is Momentum Energy Right For Me?
Momentum Energy could be attractive for customers who want to minimise their carbon footprint and are passionate about renewable energy. Momentum Energy’s efforts towards pushing greater energy sustainability can be a selling point for many, alongside their simple plan structure for electricity, gas and solar.
Before you make your decision however, keep in mind that the Australian energy market is ripe with choices. Your personal and professional needs should remain at the forefront of your decision.
Assess your options and check with different energy providers, as it can be the difference between overpaying for energy prices and finding a suitable plan that fits right into your budget and lifestyle.
We can help facilitate this process for you. Let Electricity Monster sort through our premium partners and find you a fair deal that’s right for you and your family. Our professional team of energy specialists are on standby. Contact us now!
Other Reads You Might Like
This publication reviews Momentum Energy's plans in VIC, NSW, QLD, SA, ACT, and WA published on their website as of 02/11/2023.
Important Points to note are:
- The plans displayed have been taken from the energy fact sheets published on the retailer's website. We do not guarantee that this information is correct or that it applies to every household in Australia.
- Comparisons have been made on the peak rates in single rate plans from retailers, plus their daily electricity supply charges.
- The Citipower network has been used to compare electricity plans, and the Australian Gas network has been used to compare gas plans in Victoria.
- The Ausgrid network has been used to compare electricity plans, and the Jemena gas network has been used to compare gas plans in NSW.
- The SA Power Networks network has been used to compare electricity plans, and the Australian Gas network has been used to compare gas plans in Victoria.
- The Energex network has been used to compare electricity plans, and the Australian Gas network has been used to compare gas plans in QLD.
- The Evoenergy network has been used to compare electricity plans, and the Jemena gas network has been used to compare gas plans in the ACT.
- The ACTO network has been used to compare gas plans in WA.
- The reference price/VDO/GAS comparison will differ based on tariff type and location (distribution area). Your actual energy bill may be significantly different to these estimates if your usage differs from the average amounts used in this calculation.
- The information in this blog cannot substitute for legal advice. No financial decisions should be made based on information from this blog.
- All dollar figures include GST.
Get a $50* Coles or Woolies Voucher
When You Call & Switch Today
- Compare Providers
- 100% Free Service
- Brokered Over 150,000 Deals