Is that smoke I smell? Is your latest electricity bill burning a hole in your pocket? Paying too much for your energy and want to hop onto a better plan?
Fill up your details in our form above or call us on 1300 232 848 for a friendly chat with one of our energy experts!
In this article, we’ll be taking a look at our best electricity deals in NSW, so stay tuned for a detailed breakdown of the retailer that’s offering them.
- 1 10 Best Electricity Deals NSW Ausgrid*
- 2 The Big 3 Electricity Providers*
- 3 About our cheap electricity deals in NSW
- 3.1 Elysian Energy – Market Simple Plan
- 3.2 ReAmped Energy – ReAmped Advance
- 3.3 Mojo Power – All Day Breakfast
- 3.4 GloBird Energy – GloSave
- 3.5 Energy Locals – Online Member
- 3.6 Nectr – Nectr Friends Clean
- 3.7 Momentum Energy – Self Serve
- 3.8 OVO Energy – The One Plan
- 3.9 Tango Energy – Home Select
- 3.10 Kogan Energy – Market Offer
- 4 The Cheap Electricity Deals in NSW – Results
10 Best Electricity Deals NSW Ausgrid*
With so many electricity deals in NSW, choosing an energy provider might get confusing. And that’s where we come in! In the table below, we have picked out the cheapest plan from each retailer and ranked them against each other. Check out these smashing prices!
|Retailer||% Less Than DMO||Estimated Price|
*All calculations above are based on a single rate tariff, with a default electricity usage of 3900kWh and are compared to the Default Market Offer (DMO) Reference Price of $1,462.
^ Elysian Energy – Estimated Price includes 10% Pay on Time Discount on usage charge and $200 welcome credit
^ Globird Energy’s GloSave – Estimated Price includes a 7% Pay On Time Discount and 1% Direct Debit discount
^ Energy Locals Online Member – Estimated Price includes a 4% Pay On Time Discount
^ Nectr Friends Clean – Estimated price includes a $100 signup credit on your 2nd bill
Looking for a cheaper electricity deal? Use our free electricity price comparison service and get yourself a sharper rate!
The Big 3 Electricity Providers*
How do Australia’s Big 3 electricity providers fare? We have analysed these 3 providers and ranked them against the top deals we could find in NSW.
|Retailer||% Less Than DMO||Estimated Price|
* All calculations above are based on a single rate tariff, with a default electricity usage of 3900kWh and are compared to the Default Market Offer (DMO) Reference Price of $1,462.
Energy Australia – Total Plan
Energy Australia’s Total Plan includes a 12-month fixed-rate period, quarterly billing, flexible payment options and zero exit fees.
You can opt for a 100% carbon neutral option after 6 months at no extra charge.
AGL – Essentials
The Essentials plan features fixed rates for 12 months, flexible billing options and AGL Rewards discounts from some of Australia’s biggest brands.
Also, this deal gives customers the chance to collect flybuys points when they pay their energy bill.
Origin Energy – Origin Go
This plan features fixed electricity rates for 12 months, flexible payment options and zero exit fees.
Everyday Rewards members can also collect points with their energy and get a one-off 5,000 bonus points on signup for each energy type.
Feel like you can get a sharper deal?
Interested in getting a smaller energy bill? Contact us today for fast, free and fair advice.
About our cheap electricity deals in NSW
Searching for a new electricity provider in NSW but not sure which is the best value for you? The energy market can be confusing, so read the quick breakdowns on our leading energy providers!
Elysian Energy – Market Simple Plan
Elysian Energy takes the throne on our list of best deals in NSW with their Market Super Simple plan.
This plans’ features include a quarterly billing period, flexible payment options, no contract term and zero exit fees.
Sign up for this plan and get a $200 welcome credit! How good does that sound?
ReAmped Energy – ReAmped Advance
The ReAmped Advance offer is a prepaid plan that requires customers to pay fortnightly in advance for their electricity usage.
This plan requires you to pay via direct debit or credit card. Other features of this deal include online billing and communication, no lock-in contract and zero exit fees.
Mojo Power – All Day Breakfast
The All-Day Breakfast plan features flexible billing and payment options, no lock-in contract and zero exit fees.
Their mobile app helps you track your energy usage. This deal includes a smart meter install for eligible properties for accurate energy bills.
GloBird Energy – GloSave
GloBird Energy’s GloSave plan includes flexible billing and payment options, no lock-in contract and zero exit fees.
Bonus! This deal features a 7% Pay On-Time discount and a further 1% direct debit discount.
Energy Locals – Online Member
This offer is an ONLINE only deal and customers have to sign up to a $12.99 monthly membership to access wholesale rates. But you’ll get the first 4 months of your membership for free!
This plan includes flexible billing options, a direct debit payment method, no contract term and zero exit fees.
Nectr – Nectr Friends Clean
Nectr’s Friends Clean plan features fixed electricity rates for 12 months, a monthly billing period and direct debit or credit payment options.
New customers get a $100 credit on their 2nd bill! Also, Nectr will offset 100% of your energy usage carbon footprint at no extra cost.
Momentum Energy – Self Serve
Up next is Momentum Energy with their Self Serve plan. Features of this plan include online support, eBilling, no contract term and zero exit fees.
This plan requires you to have a smart meter and only accepts a direct debit payment. This is an online-only offer, so sign up online to get this great energy deal.
OVO Energy – The One Plan
The One plan features monthly billing, direct debit payment option, no contract term and zero exit fees.
The Bill Smoothing technology predicts a customer’s energy usage and evens them out to avoid bill shock.
Bonus! If your account is in credit, OVO Energy will pay a 3% interest in your balance and pay to offset your energy usage’s carbon footprint.
Tango Energy – Home Select
Tango Energy’s Home Select plan features fixed rates for 12 months, no lock-in contract and zero exit fees.
It also includes flexible billing and payment options with electronic and paper bills’ availability at no extra cost.
Kogan Energy – Market Offer
Kogan Energy’s Market offer features a monthly billing period, flexible payment options, no contract term and zero exit fees.
Also, Kogan Energy has an app to help you keep track of your electricity.
The Cheap Electricity Deals in NSW – Results
Looks like tough competition for the cheapest plan in NSW between Elysian Energy and ReAmped Energy!
See an energy plan you like? Get in quick as offers change all the time! Fill in your details in the form above or call us on 1300 232 848 today for more info!
Comparing electricity rates can be so much easier by coming to us. We’ll help you get a sharper rate so that you can relax knowing that your energy is taken care of.
Important points to note are:
- Some plans may require you to meet certain conditions before a discount becomes available to you. Check the energy provider’s plan information for details of all possible discounts that may apply and any conditions that need to be met to be eligible for these discounts. Consider the provider’s detailed product and pricing information before making a decision to take out a new plan or switch electricity providers.
- For NSW, calculations are based on a single rate tariff in the Ausgrid network with an annual household usage of 3,900kWh and ranked plans based on an estimated price including GST and any discounts, both conditional and unconditional. The reference % has been calculated based on comparing the difference between the plan unconditional price to the AER reference price of $1,462. The terms of any conditional discounts are shown, along with any further difference between the reference price and the discount applied if a condition is met, expressed as a percentage more or less than the reference price.
- All calculations have been based off the Price Fact Sheets taken from the respective retailers’ websites.
- The information in this blog cannot substitute for legal advice. No financial decisions should be made based on information from this blog.
- This data is accurate as of 28/04/2021