Pacific Blue - Need a New Connection?
Talk To An Energy Expert Now
- 100% Renewable Energy
- Compare Pacific Blue’s Rates
- Zero Exit Fees
We do not compare all energy providers and have commercial arrangements with our partners. 3 minute pick up guarantee explained: If we don’t answer our connection hotline in 3 mins or less. We will give you an extra $25 store voucher only when you sign up for a utility plan with our service. Electricity Monster is a 100% free service for consumers; Origin Energy is a Premium Partner of Electricity Monster. Same-day connections are not available in all areas or for all properties; see our full terms and conditions for more info. Full terms here.
Pacific Blue Review
Formerly known as Pacific Hydro, Pacific Blue was acquired by the State Power Investment Corporation (SPIC) through its subsidiary, State Power Investment Overseas of China (SPIC Overseas) in 2016. They promote 100% renewable energy generation through wind, solar, and hydro. Currently operating out of Melbourne, Pacific Blue offers an assortment of competitive electricity, solar, and battery solutions.
Did you know that you have a choice when it comes to choosing your plan? At Electricity Monster, we compare rates between our partnered electricity providers to find you the best deal we have available.
This detailed Pacific Blue review covers an array of topics you might find useful such as a breakdown of their current electricity plans, service areas, potential discounts, and more. Read below to see if Pacific Blue is right for you.
Pacific Blue Plans Victoria
In the table below, we have compiled a list of the most up-to-date electricity and gas plans offered by Pacific Blue in Victoria (VIC). Rates listed are organised from lowest to highest. To learn more, contact the retailer directly.
|Plan Name||% Below VDO*||Price/year (Est.)|
*Victoria electricity rates are based on usage of 4000kWh/year for a residential customer on a single rate tariff in the Citipower network, the VDO reference price is: $1,571 / year. Click here for more information.
Pacific Blue Solar Feed-In Tariff Rates
In the table provided, you will find the latest solar tariff feed-in rates that Pacific Blue offers.
|State||Minimum FIT (c/kWh)||Maximum FIT (c/kWh)|
Pacific Blue Electricity Plans
Pacific Blue currently offers residential plans in VIC. Due to the current volatility of the energy market, some plans may not be available in your state. Be sure to check with the retailer directly to learn more about plan availability.
Pacific Blue Online Resources
Pacific Blue doesn’t offer much in the way of online resources or online account management. Customers looking to pay their bills can do so on their website.
Virtual Power Plant (VPP)
Pacific Blue has a Virtual Power Plant (VPP) program through their retail arm available to customers looking to help reduce their carbon footprint and energy bills.
In order to enroll, customers must contact Pacific Blue to determine whether they’re eligible to join. Upon approval, Pacific Blue will connect your battery remotely to their network. During peak periods when energy consumption is high, Pacific Blue will remotely use your battery to discharge energy back to the main grid.
Pacific Blue is currently offering a $250 credit towards your electricity bill in the first year when you join their VPP program. Please contact the retailer directly learn more.
Billing and Payment
Pacific Blue accepts numerous flexible payment options including, but not limited to:
- Direct Debit
- In Person
Pacific Blue Generation
Pacific Blue’s current operating sites are as follows:
- Cape Bridgewater Wind Farm
- Yambuk Wind Farm
- Yaloak South Wind Farm
- Challicum Hills Wind Farm
- Clements Gap Wind Farm
- Codrington Wind Farm
- Crowlands Wind Farm
- Haughton Solar Farm
- Taralga Wind Farm
- The Drop Hydro Plant
- The Ord Hydro Plant
- Cape Nelson North/Sir William Grant Wind Farm
- Cape Nelson South Wind Farm
Pacific Blue Service Area
Wondering if Pacific Blue services your area? In the table below, you’ll find a list of all the states Pacific Blue offers gas and electricity services to:
How to Contact Pacific Blue
Pacific Blue offers numerous ways to contact them via their website.
Customers looking to chat with a live agent can do so by calling their customer support line. Pacific Blue also has an online sales chat and online support chat feature for customers that don’t prefer being on the phone.
Is Pacific Blue Right for Me?
Pacific Blue’s emphasis on clean, renewable energy may be appealing for those looking to transition to a “greener” retailer. Their electricity rates are competitive when compared to the rest of the market but don’t offer any benefits or rewards programs like many of the bigger retailers do. Even so, they are still an intriguing choice for customers that favour simplicity and cleaner energy without the added extras.
That being said, even if you are keen to sign up with this retailer, it is wise to compare plans and shop around to ensure you sign up for a plan that’s ideal for you.
Electricity Monster can help you find the best deal on an electricity plan from our network of partners. Best of all, our service is 100% free. Call us today to learn more.
Other Reads You Might Like
This publication reviews Pacific Blue’s plans in VIC published on their website as of 02/11/2023.
Important Points to note are:
- The plans displayed have been taken from the energy fact sheets published on the retailer’s website. We do not guarantee that this information is correct or that it applies to every household in Australia.
- Comparisons have been made on the peak rates in single rate plans from retailers, plus their daily electricity supply charges.
- The Citipower network has been used to compare electricity plans, and the Australian Gas network has been used to compare gas plans in Victoria.
- The Ausgrid network has been used to compare electricity plans, and the Jemena gas network has been used to compare gas plans in NSW.
- The SA Power Networks network has been used to compare electricity plans, and the Australian Gas network has been used to compare gas plans in Victoria.
- The Energex network has been used to compare electricity plans, and the Australian Gas network has been used to compare gas plans in QLD.
- The Evoenergy network has been used to compare electricity plans, and the Jemena gas network has been used to compare gas plans in the ACT.
- The ACTO network has been used to compare gas plans in WA.
- The reference price/VDO/GAS comparison will differ based on tariff type and location (distribution area). Your actual energy bill may be significantly different to these estimates if your usage differs from the average amounts used in this calculation.
- The information in this blog cannot substitute for legal advice. No financial decisions should be made based on information from this blog.
- All dollar figures include GST.
- Electricity plans are now compared to a regulated price called the Victorian Default Offer (VDO). This makes it easier to compare energy plans across the market. The VDO comparison and annual estimate is calculated based on an average usage customer.
- When calculating our rates we include in the price/year estimate the GST (unless otherwise stated), any advertised non-conditional discounts (e.g. guaranteed discount), and any one-off credits.
- What's not included in the price/year estimate are conditional discounts, green energy charges, any concessions or rebates which may apply to you, solar feed-in tariff credits that your solar system could generate.
- The VDO comparison will differ based on tariff type and location (distribution area). Your actual energy bill may be significantly different to these estimates if your usage differs from the average amounts used in this calculation.
- $250 Promotion is subject to change and is listed on Pacific Blue’s website as of 08/06/2023.
Get a $50* Coles or Woolies Voucher
When You Call & Switch Today
- Compare Providers
- 100% Free Service
- Brokered Over 150,000 Deals