Thank you for visiting our website. This website is owned and operated by The Monster Group. In this document, “we", “us", “our" and “The Monster Group" refers jointly and severally to (and this policy applies to), the following Monster Group businesses:
- Electricity Monster
- Internet Monster
- Solar Monster
- Moving Monster
Our website contains a range of information about The Monster Group and its associated entities. We endeavour to ensure that the information on this website is accurate. In the event you believe we have made a mistake please contact us.
To the extent permitted by law we do not warrant as to the accuracy, adequacy of, or completeness of, any information contained on this website and exclude liability for purchase decisions made on the basis of information included or excluded from this website.
The Monster Group retains full and complete title to the material on this website, any images incorporated in, or generated by, the software and full data accompanying it.
All information contained on this website is given in good faith and has been derived from sources believed to be accurate. However, the information is selective and the Monster Group has not verified the information, which may not be complete or accurate for your purposes. Those companies make no representation or warranty of any kind as to the accuracy or completeness of the information. It is general information only and should not be considered as a comprehensive statement on any matter and should not be relied upon as such.
You should be aware that our website contains statements with respect to the terms of the products of relevant providers (including but not limited to features and inclusions in their service offering). Please note that these statements are generalised in order to provide to the customer a summary of the specific products being compared. As a consequence, you will note that not all products are the same and you should confirm the exact terms of any product with the specific energy provider prior to purchase.
Use Of Your Information
Use of this website is for your personal and non-commercial use only. Except for the material held in your computer's cache or a single permanent copy of the material for your personal use, you must not:
- Modify, copy, distribute, transmit, display, perform, reproduce, publish, licence, reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble or convert any material on this website or knowingly or negligently allow any of the preceding acts to be done to any material on this website by any means on in any form without The Monster Group's prior written consent;
- Use or attempt to use any material published on this website to create any website or publication.
- Mirror or frame any website or page within this website.
- Use any automated process of any sort to query, access or copy any material on this website or generate or compile any document or database based on the material published on this website or
- Transfer or sell any information, functionality or products or services offered on this website without the written approval of The Monster Group.
Limitation Of Liability
To the extent permitted by law, neither The Monster Group, nor any other company in The Monster Group of companies (including all related bodies corporate), will be liable for any loss or damage from any cause (including negligence) to your site and system, or to people linking to us from your site(s), caused by or in connection with your link to The Monster Group's site. If you create a link to The Monster Group's site, you remain fully responsible for any consequences of that link, whether direct or indirect and you will protect The Monster Group against all loss, damage, liability, cost or expense arising from or in connection with the link.
You agree to indemnify The Monster Group and keep it indemnified against all actions, claims, costs, demands, damages or liability arising in any manner from a breach by you of the terms of this Agreement.
Disclosure Of Commission/Fees
At The Monster Group we endeavour to keep our customers informed as to our specific business model and how we operate. It is our moral duty to disclose to the customer that we receive payment of commissions from participating third parties for services and products sold and referred to on this website.
Electricity Monster is a centralised comparison service. It does not, however, compare all energy offers from all Energy Retailers. We do, however display the best rates on our website that we have chosen to make available for that electricity network & tariff specifically selected by our team. Our Energy Retailer partners may have other offers available in the market that may be better than what we can offer.
The information being made available on Electricity Monster’s Comparison Tool cannot substitute for legally sound advice. No financial decisions should be made based on information from this tool.
The comparison tool has been made available to our customers with the sole intention of imparting a general knowledge of the subject of how much electricity and gas plans cost on their networks, on an average usage basis determined by the Australian Energy Regulator.
This information, as of the time of publication, was as we were aware, accurate and correct. Electricity rate changes could alter these outcomes in the future.
Individual usage, circumstances and brands could cause usage figures to vary. The information we have provided should not be seen as a perfect end-product, and instead as a tool or guide.
Electricity Monster has made every possible effort to invoke the maximum levels of accuracy in the information. However, as the information provided is a formulation from a range of sources, we have relied on third-party information that may not be relied upon for its accuracy.
Important assumptions to note are:
- Electricity Monster does not make any guarantees, explicitly or implicitly, over the accuracy of the materials provided.
- We do not guarantee that the information provided applies to every household or every business in Australia.
- We encourage readers to verify the data provided here, with a third-party, independent source before coming to any conclusions.
- Electricity rates used for calculation were provided directly by our partner electricity retailers.
- We do not guarantee the accuracy of information obtained from third-party websites over the average electricity and gas usage of households.
- Electricity and gas benchmarks used for knowing the average usage of households are from the Australian Energy Regulators website.
- Electricity and gas benchmarks used for determining the DMO calculations are from the AER Publication titled, “AER Final Determination – Default Market Offer Prices”, dated April 20, 2019.
- Electricity and gas benchmarks used for determining the VDO calculations are from the AER.
- Electricity and gas benchmarks used for knowing the average usage of businesses are internally generated from customer data and prevailing industry standards. Regarding electricity for a low-usage business, the usage is assumed to be 55 kWh/day, 82 kWh/day for a medium-usage business and 110 kWh/day for a large-usage business. Regarding gas for a low-usage business, the usage is assumed to be 137 MJ/day, 206 MJ/day for a medium-usage business and 274 MJ/day for a large-usage business.
- All Australian dollar figures are including GST unless users have explicitly applied an excluding GST option.
- All rates displayed are excluding any discounts/credits/bonuses or other incentives.
- When no bill is added, retailer plans have been ranked on the basis of the lowest annual estimate, which applies all conditional and unconditional discounts/credits.
- When the bill is added, retailer plans have been ranked on the basis of the lowest annual estimate, which applies all conditional and unconditional discounts.
- Plans have been displayed with their unconditional price (where no conditional discounts/credits) have been applied, as well as the conditional price if there are any conditions involved (such as a loyalty credit or pay-on-time discount).
- For dual-fuel plans with electricity and gas, the plans with the lowest estimated costs of electricity and gas combined are shown first in ascending order.
Amendments To The T'S & C'S
The Monster Group reserves the right to change the terms of this Agreement and the logo from time to time and solely at its discretion. If possible, The Monster Group will endeavour to ensure clients and customers and informed of such changes.
All copyright subsisting under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) resides with The Monster Group. Apart from any fair dealing for the purposes of private study, research, criticism or review as permitted under the Copyright Act (Cth), no part may be reproduced, copied or transmitted in any form or by any means (electronic, mechanical or graphic) without the prior written consent of The Monster Group. Any copying for fair dealing that is permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth) must include a statement that the work is copyright owned by The Monster Group. You acknowledge that the material and artwork on this website is the subject of copyright. You must permit any act which infringes the copyright or remove or alter any proprietary notices in any way.
Contact Electricity Monster
If you have any issues during your use of this website or any suggestions on how to make it better, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org