iO Energy Review - Need a New Connection?
Talk To An Energy Expert Now
- No Lock-In Contracts
- Compare iO Energy’s Rates
- Zero Exit Fees
We do not compare all energy providers and have commercial arrangements with our partners. 3 minute pick up guarantee explained: If we don’t answer our connection hotline in 3 mins or less. We will give you an extra $25 store voucher only when you sign up for a utility plan with our service. Electricity Monster is a 100% free service for consumers; Origin Energy is a Premium Partner of Electricity Monster. Same-day connections are not available in all areas or for all properties; see our full terms and conditions for more info. Full terms here.
iO Energy Review
iO Energy is a South Australian electricity retailer that claims to offer consumers highly competitive plans with a focus on renewable energy. According to iO Energy, their mission is to accelerate the transition to zero carbon by maximising the use of affordable clean electricity.
They also claim to encourage direct consumption of renewable energy through carbon offsetting. Currently, they only supply to South Australia with plans of expanding in the future.
Did you know that you have a choice when it comes to choosing your plan? At Electricity Monster, we compare rates between our partnered electricity providers to find you the best deal we have available.
This detailed iO Energy review covers an array of topics you might find useful such as a breakdown of their current electricity and gas plans, service areas, potential discounts, and more. Read below to see if iO Energy is right for you.
iO Energy Plans SA
In the table below, we have compiled a list of the most up-to-date electricity and gas plans offered by iO Energy in South Australia (SA). Rates listed are organised from lowest to highest. To learn more, contact the retailer directly.
|Plan Name||% Below DMO*||Price/year (Est.)|
|Sustainable Home Plan||6%||$2,134|
South Australia electricity rates are based on usage of 4011kWh/year for a residential customer on a single rate tariff in the SA Power Networks, the DMO reference price is: $2,279/ year. Click here for more information.
iO Energy Solar Feed-In Tariff Rates
In the table provided, you will find the latest solar tariff feed-in rates that iO Energy offers in South Australia.
|State||Minimum FIT (c/kWh)||Maximum FIT (c/kWh)|
Does iO Energy Offer Solar?
iO Energy currently does not offer any solar-specific plans. They do however, offer solar and battery system installation. To learn more, please visit iO Energy’s solar section on its website.
iO Energy Electricity Plans
iO Energy currently offers one residential plan and one business plan in SA. Due to the current volatility of the energy market, some plans may not be available in your state. Be sure to check with the retailer directly to learn more about plan availability.
How Green is iO Energy?
iO Energy partook in a study documenting its efforts toward supporting renewable energy sources. Data drawn from the Green Electricity Guide by GreenPeace is categorised into six different criteria that measure numerous aspects such as providing clean, renewable energy, pollution & environmental harm, and more. The energy companies are then given a score from 0 to 10, with 0 being the lowest.
iO Energy scored a 0 out of 10 in transparency in marketing and a 4 out of 10 in providing clean, renewable energy.
They did, however, score a perfect 10 out of 10 in halting fossil fuel expansion as well as an 8 out of 10 in pollution & environmental harm.
Overall, iO Energy scored 6.39 out of 10, placing them in the middle of the pack of all retailers.
|Ending coal use by 2030||8/10|
|Halting fossil fuel expansion||10/10|
|Support for new renewable energy||6.6/10|
|Pollution & environmental harm||8/10|
|Transparency in marketing||0/10|
iO Energy Online Resources
iO Energy does not offer much in regards to online resources. They do have a customer portal where customers can access their billing information and personal details. Please note that their online portal is connected with their partner Energy Locals. Upon clicking the link on their website, you’ll be redirected to Energy Locals’ website.
Billing and Payment
iO Energy accepts numerous flexible payment options including, but not limited to:
- Direct Debit
- In Person
iO Energy Service Area
Wondering if iO Energy services your area? In the table below, you’ll find a list of all of the states that iO Energy offers gas and electricity services to:
How to Contact iO Energy
iO Energy offers numerous ways to get a hold of them when it comes to general enquiries, billing questions, and more.
Billing questions and concerns can be answered via their phone support line, email correspondence, or online account management portal.
Is iO Energy Right for Me?
iO Energy is a small electricity retailer that only services South Australia. They offer two simple plans with a competitive FiT and solar installation for customers interested in solar systems or battery storage. They claim to place a focus on renewable energy, and according to their GreenPeace rating, it’s fair to say that they’re making a concerted effort to promote clean energy.
That being said, even if you are keen to sign up with this retailer, it is wise to compare plans and shop around to ensure you don't overpay for energy.
Electricity Monster can help compare providers within our network of partnered retailers. With a fast and free consultation, we’ll help you find a fair deal. Don’t wait! Call us today!
Other Reads You Might Like
This publication reviews iO Energy’s plans in SA published on their website as of 02/11/2023.
Important Points to note are:
- The plans displayed have been taken from the energy fact sheets published on the retailer’s website. We do not guarantee that this information is correct or that it applies to every household in Australia.
- Comparisons have been made on the peak rates in single rate plans from retailers, plus their daily electricity supply charges.
- The Citipower network has been used to compare electricity plans, and the Australian Gas network has been used to compare gas plans in Victoria.
- The Ausgrid network has been used to compare electricity plans, and the Jemena gas network has been used to compare gas plans in NSW.
- The SA Power Networks network has been used to compare electricity plans, and the Australian Gas network has been used to compare gas plans in Victoria.
- The Energex network has been used to compare electricity plans, and the Australian Gas network has been used to compare gas plans in QLD.
- The Evoenergy network has been used to compare electricity plans, and the Jemena gas network has been used to compare gas plans in the ACT.
- The ACTO network has been used to compare gas plans in WA.
- The reference price/VDO/GAS comparison will differ based on tariff type and location (distribution area). Your actual energy bill may be significantly different to these estimates if your usage differs from the average amounts used in this calculation.
- The information in this blog cannot substitute for legal advice. No financial decisions should be made based on information from this blog.
- All dollar figures include GST.
Get a $50* Coles or Woolies Voucher
When You Call & Switch Today
- Compare Providers
- 100% Free Service
- Brokered Over 150,000 Deals