Circular Energy Review - Need a New Connection?
Talk To An Energy Expert Now
- No Lock-In Contracts
- Compare Circular Energy’s Rates
- Zero Exit Fees
We do not compare all energy providers and have commercial arrangements with our partners. 3 minute pick up guarantee explained: If we don’t answer our connection hotline in 3 mins or less. We will give you an extra $25 store voucher only when you sign up for a utility plan with our service. Electricity Monster is a 100% free service for consumers; Origin Energy is a Premium Partner of Electricity Monster. Same-day connections are not available in all areas or for all properties; see our full terms and conditions for more info. Full terms here.
Circular Energy Review
Circular Energy offers unique to the retail market by being “Australia’s First Community Energy Marketplace”, per Circular Energy. Powered by Community Energy they aim to create an economy that connects businesses and communities. What exactly is Community Energy? According to Circular Energy, Community Energy is a Virtual Power System where electricity is shared throughout a local community environment.
Did you know that you have a choice when it comes to choosing your plan? At Electricity Monster, we compare rates between our partnered electricity providers to find you the best deal we have available.
By establishing a Community Energy marketplace, communities have the ability to trade excess energy back to their supplier or even other communities.
This detailed Circular Energy review covers an array of topics you might find useful, such as a breakdown of electricity plans, service areas, potential discounts, and more. Read below to see if Circular Energy is right for you.
Circular Energy Plan Victoria
In the table below, we have compiled a list of the most up-to-date electricity and gas plans offered by Circular Energy in Victoria (VIC). Rates listed are organised from lowest to highest. To learn more, contact the retailer directly.
|Plan Name||% Below VDO*||Price/year (Est.)|
|Community Energy||4% Above||$1,344|
*Victoria electricity rates are based on usage of 4000kWh/year for a residential customer on a single rate tariff in the Citipower network, the VDO reference price is: $1,571 / year. Click here for more information.
Circular Energy Plan South Australia
In the table below, we have compiled a list of the most up-to-date electricity and gas plans offered by Circular Energy in South Australia (SA). Rates listed are organised from lowest to highest. To learn more, contact the retailer directly.
|Plan Name||% Below DMO*||Price/year (Est.)|
*South Australia electricity rates are based on usage of 4011kWh/year for a residential customer on a single rate tariff in the SA Power Networks, the DMO reference price is: $2,279/ year. Click here for more information.
Circular Energy Electricity Plans
Circular Energy offers a unique plan to residents in VIC and SA. Due to the current volatility of the energy market, some plans may not be available in your state. Be sure to check with the retailer directly to learn more about plan availability.
Circular Energy Service Area
Wondering if Circular Energy services your area? In the table below, you’ll find a list of all of the states that Circular Energy offers gas and electricity services to:
Circular Energy Solar Feed-In Tariff Rates
In the table provided, you will find the latest solar tariff feed-in rates that Circular Energy offers in Victoria and South Australia.
|State||Minimum FIT (c/kWh)||Maximum FIT (c/kWh)|
Virtual Power Plant
Circular Energy’s Virtual Power Plant is managed by their digital Community Energy Marketplace platform. Circular Energy’s digital platform can help communities build ‘more energy resilience’ according to Circular Energy and integrate with other communities, networks and local generators. This allows for added benefits for customers and helps build a sustainable future.
Circular Energy Energy Online Resources
Circular Energy offers little by way of online resources. Customers can use the online portal which directs them to The People’s Grid website.
Customers can search for Collectives in their area via the Circular Energy and The People’s Grid websites. There, customers can join an existing collective, even if the collective isn’t local to you.
How to Contact Circular Energy
Circular Energy offers numerous ways to get a hold of them regarding general enquiries, billing questions, and more.
Customers can reach out to them via their customer support phone line, email, and Facebook.
They also offer a Faults & Emergencies line which can be reached through their main support number.
Is Circular Energy Right for Me?
Circular Energy is a unique brand that strays from the standard energy retail model. Through Community Energy, they can network various residences, businesses, and other establishments together to create a renewable energy economy. It’s an intriguing concept but it may not be for households that are used to the standard electricity retail structure.
That being said, even if you are keen to sign up with this retailer, it is wise to compare plans and shop around to ensure you don't overpay for energy.
Electricity Monster can help! Speak to one of our energy experts today. With a fast and free consultation, we’ll help provide you with a variety of free solutions. Call us today to learn more.
Other Reads You Might Like
7 Reasons Why You Should Use an Energy Broker
5 things you should know about when choosing a new electricity provider
The Best and Cheapest Electricity Deals Victoria has on offer (and how you can get them!)
The Best and Cheapest Electricity Deals South Australia Has On Offer
This publication reviews Circular Energy’s plans in VIC, NSW, QLD, SA, ACT, and WA published on their website as of 02/11/2023.
Important Points to note are:
- The plans displayed have been taken from the energy fact sheets published on the retailer’s website. We do not guarantee that this information is correct or that it applies to every household in Australia.
- Comparisons have been made on the peak rates in single rate plans from retailers, plus their daily electricity supply charges.
- The Citipower network has been used to compare electricity plans, and the Australian Gas network has been used to compare gas plans in Victoria.
- The Ausgrid network has been used to compare electricity plans, and the Jemena gas network has been used to compare gas plans in NSW.
- The SA Power Networks network has been used to compare electricity plans, and the Australian Gas network has been used to compare gas plans in Victoria.
- The Energex network has been used to compare electricity plans, and the Australian Gas network has been used to compare gas plans in QLD.
- The Evoenergy network has been used to compare electricity plans, and the Jemena gas network has been used to compare gas plans in the ACT.
- The ACTO network has been used to compare gas plans in WA.
- The reference price/VDO/GAS comparison will differ based on tariff type and location (distribution area). Your actual energy bill may be significantly different to these estimates if your usage differs from the average amounts used in this calculation.
- The information in this blog cannot substitute for legal advice. No financial decisions should be made based on information from this blog.
- All dollar figures include GST.
- Electricity plans are now compared to a regulated price called the Victorian Default Offer (VDO). This makes it easier to compare energy plans across the market. The VDO comparison and annual estimate is calculated based on an average usage customer.
- When calculating our rates we include in the price/year estimate the GST (unless otherwise stated), any advertised non-conditional discounts (e.g. guaranteed discount), and any one-off credits.
- What's not included in the price/year estimate are conditional discounts, green energy charges, any concessions or rebates which may apply to you, solar feed-in tariff credits that your solar system could generate.
- The VDO comparison will differ based on tariff type and location (distribution area). Your actual energy bill may be significantly different to these estimates if your usage differs from the average amounts used in this calculation.
Get a $50* Coles or Woolies Voucher
When You Call & Switch Today
- Compare Providers
- 100% Free Service
- Brokered Over 150,000 Deals