Ampol Energy Review - Need a New Connection?
Talk To An Energy Expert Now
- No Lock-In Contracts
- Compare Ampol Energy’s Rates
- Fuel Discount Offers
We do not compare all energy providers and have commercial arrangements with our partners. 3 minute pick up guarantee explained: If we don’t answer our connection hotline in 3 mins or less. We will give you an extra $25 store voucher only when you sign up for a utility plan with our service. Electricity Monster is a 100% free service for consumers; Origin Energy is a Premium Partner of Electricity Monster. Same-day connections are not available in all areas or for all properties; see our full terms and conditions for more info. Full terms here.
Ampol Energy Review
Ampol Energy is an electricity retailer based in southeast Queensland. Operating as an arm of the nationally recognised petrol station chain Ampol, Ampol Energy is now tapping into the electricity market and is offering residential electricity plans to households in south-east Queensland.
Did you know that you have a choice when it comes to choosing your plan? At Electricity Monster, we compare rates between our partnered electricity providers to find you the best deal we have available.
This detailed Ampol Energy review covers an array of topics you might find useful such as a breakdown of their current electricity plans, service areas, potential discounts, and more. Read below to see if Ampol Energy is right for you.
Ampol Energy Plans QLD
In the table below, we have compiled a list of the most up-to-date electricity and gas plans offered by Ampol Energy in Queensland (QLD). Rates listed are organised from lowest to highest. To learn more, contact the retailer directly.
|Plan Name||% Below DMO*||Price/year (Est.)|
*Queensland electricity rates are based on usage of 4613kWh/year for a residential customer on a single rate tariff in the Energex network, the DMO reference price is: $1,969/ year. Click here for more information.
Ampol Energy Solar Feed-In Tariff Rates
In the table provided, you will find the latest solar tariff feed-in rates that Ampol Energy offers.
|State||Minimum FIT (c/kWh)||Maximum FIT (c/kWh)|
Ampol Energy Electricity Plans
Ampol Energy currently has one market offer called ‘Powering On’ available to residents in south-east Queensland. This variable rate plan operates on an ongoing contract with zero exit fees, no lock-in contract, and fuel offer incentives. According to Ampol Energy, the retailer is looking to expand its services to other states in the future.
Wondering if Ampol Energy’s market offer is right for you? Call Electricity Monster and let us compare rates to help you find a better deal.
Ampol Energy Online Resources
Ampol Energy doesn’t offer much in the way of online resources. The retailer does offer a customer service line that answers questions about billing, electricity plans, switching plans, financial assistance, and more.
Billing and Payment
Ampol accepts numerous flexible payment options including, but not limited to:
- Direct Debit
Ampol Mobile App
Ampol Energy offers a mobile app that allows customers to earn discounts when they make a purchase from a participating Ampol service station. Customers can also earn 10c per litre of fuel on up to 1,400 litres of fuel on an annual basis. Note that terms and conditions may apply. Please contact the retailer directly to learn more.
Ampol Energy Service Area
Wondering if Ampol Energy services your area? In the table below, you’ll find a list of all the states Ampol Energy offers gas and electricity services to:
How to Contact Ampol Energy
Ampol Energy offers numerous ways to get a hold of them when it comes to general enquiries, billing questions, and more.
Billing questions and concerns can be answered via the customer support line or through email.
Is Ampol Energy Right for Me?
Ampol Energy is still new in the electricity retail market, but that doesn’t mean you should write them off. With only one competitive market plan currently available to south-east Queenslanders and a mobile app that incentivises customers through fuel discount offers, there’s not much to dive into in terms of offers. If you’d like to learn how you can save more on your electricity, give us a call at Electricity Monster as we can assess your power bill and provide you with a number of competitive plans within our network of partnered retailers. Give us a call today to see how we can help. Our comprehensive service is 100% free to use. Don’t wait! Call us today!
Other Reads You Might Like
This publication reviews Ampol Energy’s plans in NSW, QLD, VIC, and SA published on their website as of 02/11/2023.
Important Points to note are:
- The plans displayed have been taken from the energy fact sheets published on the retailer’s website. We do not guarantee that this information is correct or that it applies to every household in Australia.
- Comparisons have been made on the peak rates in single rate plans from retailers, plus their daily electricity supply charges.
- The Citipower network has been used to compare electricity plans, and the Australian Gas network has been used to compare gas plans in Victoria.
- The Ausgrid network has been used to compare electricity plans, and the Jemena gas network has been used to compare gas plans in NSW.
- The SA Power Networks network has been used to compare electricity plans, and the Australian Gas network has been used to compare gas plans in Victoria.
- The Energex network has been used to compare electricity plans, and the Australian Gas network has been used to compare gas plans in QLD.
- The Evoenergy network has been used to compare electricity plans, and the Jemena gas network has been used to compare gas plans in the ACT.
- The ACTO network has been used to compare gas plans in WA.
- The reference price/VDO/GAS comparison will differ based on tariff type and location (distribution area). Your actual energy bill may be significantly different to these estimates if your usage differs from the average amounts used in this calculation.
- The information in this blog cannot substitute for legal advice. No financial decisions should be made based on information from this blog.
- All dollar figures include GST.
- Electricity plans are now compared to a regulated price called the Victorian Default Offer (VDO). This makes it easier to compare energy plans across the market. The VDO comparison and annual estimate is calculated based on an average usage customer.
- When calculating our rates we include in the price/year estimate the GST (unless otherwise stated), any advertised non-conditional discounts (e.g. guaranteed discount), and any one-off credits.
- What's not included in the price/year estimate are conditional discounts, green energy charges, any concessions or rebates which may apply to you, solar feed-in tariff credits that your solar system could generate.
- The VDO comparison will differ based on tariff type and location (distribution area). Your actual energy bill may be significantly different to these estimates if your usage differs from the average amounts used in this calculation.
Get a $50* Coles or Woolies Voucher
When You Call & Switch Today
- Compare Providers
- 100% Free Service
- Brokered Over 150,000 Deals