Electricity Bills | BY Alan
Purse strings are tightening, as the average Victoria electricity bill touches $1620 a year!
Have a conversation with our electricity brokers on 1300 962 027 or pop a few details in the form to switch to a sharper rate in Victoria!
Average Electricity Bill In Victoria
For four-person homes without a swimming pool (5782 kWh annually):
For four-person homes with a swimming pool (9858 kWh annually):
Average Victoria Electricity Bill – Results
Homes with a pool pay about $2500 a year for electricity, while homes without a pool pay nearly $1620 on average.
Call Electricity Monster on 1300 232 848 or pop a few details in the form and start saving!
Why Am I Paying So Much For Electricity In Victoria?
Nearly half of all costs for an average market offer in Victoria comes from network costs.
Australia’s electricity network’s value saw a $30 billion increase, to an astonishing $72 billion over just 11 years.
For the most part, the excuse for overspending were predictions of a sharp increase in electricity use soon.
Since 2009, however, the electricity use of Australians has fallen.
In effect, useless government policies were allowing distributors to earn high returns for investing recklessly in poles and lines.
As a result, the pain from network costs isn’t going to stop anytime soon.
The Australian Energy Market Controller (AEMC) expects distribution network costs in Victoria to rise another 2%, by 2020.
The Silver Lining for Victorian Power Bills
The AEMC expects the average Victoria electricity bill to fall by 8% between 2018-2020.
By all means, the expected fall in prices comes from more electricity supply in the grid.
Electricity Monster specialises in comparing providers and getting you on a sharper rate with significant discounts!
Don’t pay more for power than your neighbour in Victoria is!
Call us on 1300 232 848 or submit your details below to enjoy our 100% Free Service!
Specifically, this publication looks at how much a 4-person household pays a year, on average, on plans from nine leading providers in VIC. By all means, no financial decisions should be made based on data from this publication. Individual usage, circumstances and brands could cause usage figures to vary.
Important points to note are:
- In brief, we do not guarantee that the information applies to every household in Victoria.
- Significantly, all dollar figures are including GST.
- In effect, the comparison is between specific market offers that Origin, AGL and EnergyAustralia have in a state, and the rates our partner offers through Electricity Monster.
- Rates are accurate as of September 6, 2019.
- Specifically, comparisons are on the peak rates in single rate plans from retailers, plus their daily power supply charges.
- Accordingly, power rates used are from the websites of power retailers. We have not verified their accuracy.
- Chiefly, benchmarks used for the average energy usage of households are from the AER website.
- Notably, we have taken the Citipower distributor across all retailers in Victoria.